Shayamoya is an ideal venue to host an intimate, tranquil, bush wedding.
The ceremony is held on the large wooden deck of the central lodge where the view is a stunning back drop of the Lebombo Mountains, Lake Jozini and the Pongola Game Reserve. The reception takes place in the restaurant area of the central lodge so the occasion is consolidated to one stunning area of stone, wood and thatch.
Alternatively, a more casual celebration can be held at the Boma under the stars.
The Dates :
Reception meal :
- Choose dates that co-incide with a full moon as this makes a spectacular show as it rises up over the mountains and gives the lake a silvery glimmer.
- 3 Course Meal @ R200 p/p
- Snacks, Starter, Main Course, Desert, Tea/Coffee
- We send a list of options to the bride, from where she can make her menu suggestion.
- Our facilities in the central lodge accommodates up to 80 people and in the Boma which is a lovely facility for a braai or spit, up to 40 people.
- If the guests exceed 40, there will be an additional fee to cover hiring of tables, chairs, table cloths, glasses etc
Additional accommodation (These rates are subject to change) :
- Guests staying at outside venues are welcome to join the wedding party at Shayamoya for meals. Shayamoya Restaurant has an a’la cart menu offering light lunches, and 3 course dinners @ R180 p/p. Please make dinner bookings in advance.
- Nyati Lodge, 5km (3 chalets, self catering) Tel: 034- 435 1123 R350 p/pMinimum 5 pax
- Mvubu Lodge, 5km (11 chalets with twin beds) Tel: 034- 435 1123 R800 p/p D,B,B or R700 B,B for the Saturday night
- Ghost Mountain Inn, 40km (52 rooms) Tel: 035- 573 1025 R705 p/p B&B sharing
- Pongola Country Lodge, 30km (44 rooms) Tel: 034- 413 1352 R385 p/p B&B sharing
- White Elephant Lodge, 20km Tel: 034 – 413 2489 Bush Camp and Safari Lodge
Table Arrangements and Decor :
- Shayamoya has a stunning bush theme naturally and we decorate for special occasions with lots of tealight candles, golden organza table runners with deep yellow or dim gold colored table cloths and napkins.
- The décor is normally very tailor made to each wedding and depends on the bride’s style. We are happy to quote for drapery, fairylights, candelabra, white table cloths etc. and any specific extras. There is a 10% handling fee should Shayamoya be requested to assist with hiring.
- Shayamoya operates on a tab system. The drinks on the wedding night is usually billed to the groom unless another arrangement is agreed upon.
- You may supply your own wine for the wedding evening only and the corkage fee is R45 per bottle.
- The price would depend on the style of cake and is ordered from cake specialists.
- Or can be arranged by the bridal party.
- In Pongola: Susan van Aardt 082 558 3840 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or Bennie: 076 556 7617
- Shayamoya’s standard arrangements are bushy and natural in style eg. river stones, stralitzias and aloes is a big arrangement on the buffet counter and one at the bar.
- We suggest brides to consider arrangements for table arrangements.
- In Pongola: Leza Brecher 082 449 9235 or Hester Delport 082 929 1689
- There is a lovely local African band which plays favourite tunes of Juluka, PJ Powers, Mango Groove, Miriam Makeba etc. Call Mathew on 071 380 2793.
- DJ’s in Pongola: Alton Vlok 082 924 6136 or Email: email@example.com
- Or Johan 082 897 0635
- Alternatively there is a CD player and you are welcome to bring your own CDs.
- Our local Minister, Pastor Schalk, does most of our weddings.
- He asks R1000 for the service. 082 923 5844 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you require singing during the service, we can arrange an organist.
- A R600 donation to the church would be in order.
- Price guidelines min. 5 people
- Bride @ R450 & Bridesmaid @ R250 (Excluding transport from Pongola)
- Carmia 084 517 2512 or 034 – 413 2315
- Also done by Carmia
- R350 p/lady
- In Pongola: Rolene van der Merwe, email@example.com or call 082 8100808.
- From Durban: David Weeks has done many of the weddings and thus the lodge is familiar territory to him. You can view his excellent work at www.davidweeks.co.za. He charges about R14 000 for 14 hours of his time, studio lights, all the film (backed up by a digital camera) and a leather bound album.
- Please let us know in advance if you think guests will be doing activities and what they would prefer to do so that we are fully prepared. These range from tiger fishing, game drives, boat cruises, rhino tracking. I have attached the activities information.
Spa Treatments :
- There is the Mvubu SPA only 3km from Shayamoya with a lovely bush setting and beautiful views of the Pongola River. Call 083 320 0358 to make your booking.
- 50% Deposit on confirmation of accommodation and the reception, either by bank transfer or credit card authorisation.
- Full payment 14 days prior to arrival at the Lodge. All major credit cards accepted.
Cancellation Policy :
- Cancellations must be in writing.
- 50% if cancelled within 45 days prior to arrival.
- 100% if cancelled within 30 days prior to arrival. 10% on any cancellations.
Shayamoya weddings allow the bridal party to enjoy being involved with many areas of organizing such special occassions. This makes it a lot of fun!
We are here to provide you with special memories for a special occasion and would be honored to host your wedding!
Have you seen our gallery? If not, click here...
For any further questions, please call Lindy Blevin, General Manager on 083 456 8423.